You love the look of brick. But you don’t love its excessive weight, the costly structural members it requires, or the need to bring in a second contractor to configure a continuous insulation barrier under it.
You can get the brick look you love (and avoid everything you don’t) by applying NewBrick® over a Dryvit Outsulation® system in both new construction and renovation. NewBrick over an Outsulation system is the single-source, fully tested, easy-to-apply brick exterior that will give you the aesthetic you desire along with the best energy performance possible with conventional cladding.
NewBrick® with CI Application
- Weighs only 2.45 lbs/sq. ft. before mortar
- Results in higher daily productivity
- Eliminates ties, pans, and shelf angles; significantly reduces load-bearing footings
- Compresses exterior construction schedules
- Meets NFPA 285
- Contributes to the insulation requirements as published in the IECC and ASHRAE 90.1 when installed over any Outsulation CI system
- Meets the State of California energy efficiency requirements as defined in Title 24, part 6 when installed over any Outsulation CI system
- Can reduce energy bills because thermal insulation is built right into NewBrick
- Can contribute to LEED credits when used in combination with Outsulation CI systems
- Quick and easy installation
- Can include air/water-resistive barriers; continuous insulation; drainage plane; and a cladding system that comes with a complete single-source warranty
- Supplied by a single manufacturer; can be installed by a single contractor
- Horizontal alignment guide makes installation process easier and faster