Your client loves the look of brick. But the reasons not to use it keep adding up: It’s costly. Material lead times are far too long. Color options are limited. Energy code compliance is a nightmare of complexity and added expense. Seismic zone codes disallow brick on multiple stories.
If you think a brick exterior is beyond your project’s schedule and budget, we’d like to introduce a better way to do brick – in both new construction or renovation. It’s called NewBrick®, and it will change the way you think about designing with brick.
NewBrick is easy to apply, extremely lightweight, and readily available in the colors you want (custom colors are available by special order). It can be direct applied over any approved substrate (and there are many), or over a NewBrick CI system — which will deliver the most energy-efficient, continuously insulated wall possible.
NewBrick® – Features and Benefits
- Weighs only 2.45 lbs/sq. ft. before mortar
- Results in higher daily productivity
- Eliminates ties, pans, and shelf angles; significantly reduces load-bearing footings
- Requires less-costly structural members
- Meets NFPA 285
- Contributes to the insulation requirements as published in the IECC and ASHRAE 90.1 when installed over a NewBrick CI system
- Meets the State of California energy efficiency requirements as defined in Title 24, part 6 when installed over a NewBrick CI system
- Can reduce energy bills because thermal insulation is built right into NewBrick
- Can contribute to LEED credits when used in combination with a NewBrick CI system
- Quick and easy installation
- Can include air/water-resistive barriers; continuous insulation; drainage plane; and a cladding system that comes with a complete single-source warranty
- Supplied by a single manufacturer; can be installed by a single contractor
- Horizontal alignment guide makes installation process easier and faster
NewBrick® Technical Specifications
You can download product specifications and all the information you need to apply NewBrick on your next project.
NewBrick features an alignment guide that makes application of the brick row easier and more accurate. NewBrick requires the use of mortar, just as clay brick uses mortar to join the bricks.
NewBrick is a fully tested, code-compliant alternative to heavier clay full and thin brick cladding.